I am thrilled to be a part of such a wonderful learning community and to be part of EDCI 567, Interactive and Multimedia Learning Theories! This is my first online course and I must admit I am not tech savvy. I would describe myself as a hands-on learner, working best while in groups and face to face, therefore, this class will be a learning experience.

I am a grade one French Immersion teacher, which entails a lot of visuals so that my learners understand new vocabulary words. I use a combination of hands on learning and I try to incorporate technology such as iPads for numeracy and literacy and smartboards for interactive whole group lessons. My students respond well to the technology in the class, it engages them, and they thoroughly enjoy using technology learning tools (often asking me “when can we use the iPads??”).

As for myself, I am not the most technologically advanced, so I am excited to jump in and learn these new tools! I am hoping this course will provide me the opportunity to enhance my teaching practice. Technology is all around us and teachers should embrace technology to enhance and optimize student learning. My goal for this course is to incorporate technology as a tool to promote myself as an educator and to boost student learning. I am familiar with FreshGrade and I would like to incorporate this tool to communicate with families as a way to better support their child at home. As for myself, my goal will be to document learning celebrations in my classroom and to share these with fellow colleagues and teachers alike! See you on the web!